EXAMPLE OF A TYPICAL DAY IN THE SECOND PHASE OF THE NEWDIET PROTEIN DIET
4 p.m. snack
Lunch and dinner can be exchanged. This means you can have a NEWDIET instant protein meal for lunch and a regular meal for dinner, or vice versa. They can be swapped as you like.
Permitted normal meals during Phase 2 = animal and vegetable protein
The expanded list
The following types of animal and vegetable proteins are acceptable from the second half of Phase 2 of the NEWDIET program as a supplement to the base list of normal meals from Phase 1 (150g unless otherwise stated).
- 2 organic eggs, hard or soft cooked (one egg more than on the list from phase 1)
- salmon fillet (100 g)
- tuna fillet (100 g)
Include protein bars in your diet program
NEWDIET protein bars must be slowly absorbed into your diet. They are the replacement for a NEWDIET instant protein meal from the second half of Phase 2.
When is the right time to start exercising?
It is highly recommended that you start exercising from the second half of Phase 2 (at least 2-3 times a week for 1 hour each time), as soon as you include the protein bars in your diet. The following sports are suitable: jogging, cycling, pilates, swimming etc. In other words, fitness training that allows you to sweat and out of breath is best (yoga, downhill skiing or golf do not meet these criteria).
The expanded list
The following vegetables may be consumed in unlimited quantities in the second half of Phase 2 in addition to the basic list of permitted Phase 1 vegetables (unless otherwise stated):
- kernels (pumpkin, sunflower etc.), at most 1 teaspoon per day with salad
- kohlrabi (at most 1 per day)
- olives (maximum 5 olives a day with salad)
- peppers (maximum 1 per day)
- tomatoes (maximum 2 per day)
- onions, garlic
Most common mistakes in phase 2
- Dumplings and other similar foods are not covered by the term “garnish” because you have to do without them during the NEWDIET program. This is true for many meals that are typical of Swiss cuisine.
- “Carbohydrates” or “sugar” does not refer to sugar cubes, dessert (desserts), ice cream or chocolate. These too must disappear from your diet.
- This also applies to white bread, this must be replaced by black bread.
- Doing not enough sports (jogging, cycling, swimming, fitness).
- The instruction to take 4 regular meals per day is not respected.
- You will regain your lost weight if you do not change the dietary habits that led to the initial weight gain.